The Original Profender Shark Tank Pitch
The Original Profender is a movable training device that improves your shot in basketball. Mark Cuban steps up to try out shooting against the simulated defender.
The Original Profender contests every shot that your players take, and makes them better at their game. The device is movable, in all directions and is capable of elevating the height to simulate a jump.
Other products exist, and coaches often use brooms to simulate the height.
The Original Profender has $25,000 in sales coming into the Shark Tank. Tony charges $499 for the device. Mark says the challenge is the typical family that has a hoop in the driveway probably can't afford this device.
The Original Profender Episode Data
- Company: The Original Profender – Website
- Entrepreneurs: Tony Devine
- Ask: $75,000 for 15% equity
- Episode Season 3 Episode 308
- Companies in this episode:
- The Original Profender
- Nardo's Natural
- Pork Barrel BBQ – Featured Update
- First Aired: 03/09/2012
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about The Original Profender?
- Mark Cuban – says “You know I love you!” with his help it could probably be in every gym, but time is the most precious asset he has, and he doesn't see the reward. Mark is out.
- Daymond John – knows someone in the hood that will come to your house everyday and he is tall! Daymond is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – thinks the profenders are the best he has seen, but at $200 as a business doesn't make sense for him. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – thinks that he is the best salesman, and he is here to sell a $200 model that is not in front of the Sharks. She loves him, but she is out.
- Robert Herjavec – doesn't see the consumer market at that price, and he is out.
The Original Profender after Shark Tank
Tony is continuing to work his business, and he is selling to colleges and even professional basketball teams. He has multiple models available.