Litter Shark Tank Pitch
Litter SF is a company that makes unique jewelry and accessories. The company is located in san Francisco, California. They design started when they took some broken jewelry items and made a headband for a special event. After that, they built several pieces and launched a trunk show, selling them at a local jewelry show, selling them at $150 each and selling out.
Litter makes custom designs for all parts of the body. They make them for shoes, arms, and even jeweled beards as Paparazzi disguises. They have sales of $150,000 for the current year of their Shark Tank Pitch.
Each piece of Jewelry is handmade and costs around $2, selling for $100 or more. They have a full body jewelry piece that cost them $20, and just sold in a gallery for $1600. Urban Outfitters hired them for an exclusive collection of 400 pieces.
All sales are done without any PR or paid advertising. The company keeps growing, and they want to focus on designing, and have someone else take over the operations.
Litter Episode Data
- Company: Litter – Website
- Entrepreneur: Rachel Mann and Mackenzie Burdick
- Ask: $80,000 for 51% equity
- Episode Season 3 Episode 308
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 03/09/2012
- Deal: Mark Cuban and Daymond John $80,000 for 80% of the company plus a designer salary and the opportunity to buy back in to the 51% of the company.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Litter?
- Mark Cuban – asks how they want to spend the $80,000. They respond hiring a sales representative, and they want to improve their website. Mark tries on one of their jeweled mustaches. Mark offers asks Daymond to come in $40,000 each, and he will handle the website side of the business.
- Daymond John – thinks this is a designer offer, and the top end of the deal they get 35%. He will give them the $80,000 for 70% of their business. He will let them buy back in to acquire what they originally asked for. Daymond also offers a salary. He said a designer ranges from $50,000 to $250,000.
- Kevin O'Leary – thinks they should be getting $150,000 orders as they have proof of concept down, but they are not yet a real business. He doesn't know what to do with him, he would be interested if they have a plan coming in, but they don't have it. Kevin doesn't want them to handmake anything. He offers $80,000 for 51%.
- Barbara Corcoran – tells them to wait because they may have other offers coming.
- Robert Herjavec – doesn't have a passion for the jewelry business, and he has a full-time job so, he is out.
Litter after Shark Tank
Rachel and Mackenzie completed the deal with Mark Cuban and Daymond John. Their designs are showing up on celebrities everywhere. Their jewelry is in stores all over the world.