CBS Foods, Shrimp Burger Shark Tank Pitch
Chef Big Shake, Shawn Davis created the Original Shrimp Burger coming in different flavors. He has sold 22,000 units for $30,000 and wants to take this burger nationwide. Chef Big Shake grew up with an Italian family who taught him everything about the restaurant business.
He created a healthy alternative burger by creating the Original Shrimp Burger. He makes the burgers in original, teriyaki, cajun and hollapeno if you like them hot.
The hamburger business is a billion dollar business, and Daymond responds bankruptcy lawyers, a billion dollar business.
The burger costs $.87 and retails for $1.63. Shawn tells them he has a Lobster Slider and his margins are running around 63%. He has commitments from two supermarkets that he will have in the next ten days for $87,200. He claims he will make 53% margin on his order.
CBS Foods, Shrimp Burger Episode Data
- Company: CBS Foods, Shrimp Burger – Website
- Entrepreneur: Shawn Davis
- Ask: $200,000 for 25% equity
- Episode Season 2 Episode 201
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 03/19/2011
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about CBS Foods, Shrimp Burger?
- Mark Cuban – likes the Shrimp Burger but doesn't know the food business. He is out.
- Daymond John – likes the burgers and ate both of them. He thinks the company is overvalued. He is out. Shawn offers to increase the percentage, willing to go up to 30%, and then 40%. Daymond thinks about it, but he is still out.
- Kevin O'Leary – had a bad experience in the seafood business. He is concerned of his margins and access to supply is most vulnerable to price increase and decrease. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – doesn't like shrimp. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – loves the product, but doesn't agree with the valuation saying the whole company is not worth the money today, he is out.
CBS Foods, Shrimp Burger after Shark Tank
Mark Cuban says he would have invested in the Shrimp Burger, and the company went to over $6 million in sales. Chef Big Shake continues to create new products and appears on other shows such as Man Vs. Food.