Tippi Toes Shark Tank Pitch
Tippi Toes, in business since 2009, is a kids dance and music program that gets them active. The company sells franchises for their program at $30,000 each, and even finance the fee for new operators. They want to create DVD's and build an online brand.
According to Megan and Sarah, one in five kids are obese in America. Tippie Toes goes into daycares, after school programs and existing facilities. They keep the kids in the preschool facility and that keeps the operational cost low.
The company did $268,000 with profit of $39,000 They charge interest on financing the franchise fee.
Tippi Toes Episode Data
- Company: Tippi Toes –Website
- Entrepreneurs: Megan Reilly and Sarah Nuse
- Ask: $30,000 for 5% equity
- Episode Season 2 Episode 201
- Companies in this episode:
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Tippi Toes
- CBS Foods, Shrimp Burger
- Copa Di Vino
- Classroom Jams – Featured Update
- First Aired: 03/19/2011
- Deal: Mark Cuban $100,000 for 30% Equity
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Tippi Toes?
- Mark Cuban – says this proves with a little bit of luck and hard work you can have a business. He tells them they don't want to get too far ahead of themselves at one time. Mark Cuban asks them to make a counter offer for him, and that they have to say yes to whatever offer they make. They ask for $100,000 for 30%, and he tells them done.
- Daymond John – wants to know why you are only offering 5% Daymond thinks they are going to do well, but he is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – wants them to come and work for them at O'Leary funds. He says they are great and all they have is their smiling faces. Kevin offers $50,000 for 51%.
- Barbara Corcoran – asks if any of the Franchisees have quit. They answer none of them. Their businesses are thriving them. Barbara thinks what they are doing is genius and she offers $60,000 for 20% of the business.
- Robert Herjavec – wants to know why the business is worth $600,000. He thinks that they are getting too far ahead, he is out.
Tippi Toes after Shark Tank
The Tippi toes deal did not complete after Shark Tank as the sisters decided not to give up the equity in their company. Tippi Toes continues to expand and released their DVD programs.