Wurkin Stiffs Shark Tank Pitch
Wurkin stiffs is a magnetic colar stay creating an instant button down collar. Jonathan Boos creates custom designs for all his products, and has them in Nordstrom's stores with sales of $500,000 to date, and a projection of $1.8 million the following year.
Wurkin Stiffs Episode Data
- Company: Wurkin Stiffs –Website
- Entrepreneurs: Jonathan Boos
- Ask: $85,000 for 10% equity
- Episode Season 2 Episode 201
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 03/19/2011
- Deal: Barbara Corcoran and Daymond John at $100,000 for 40% equity
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Wurkin Stiffs?
- Mark Cuban – loves Jonathan's passion but he is not into fashion and is not able to help him with his business. He is out.
- Daymond John – is trying to talk to Jonathan, but he won't stop talking which frustrates Daymond to the point he goes out.
- Kevin O'Leary – makes an offer of $100,000 for 30% equity and a royalty of 14%. Jonathan mocks that deal, saying it sounds more like a loan than an investment. Kevin drops his ask to 15% when Barbara and Daymond team up on their deal.
- Barbara Corcoran – goes out early. Barbara comes back in after the others make offers giving Jonathan $100,000 for 20% if Daymond forgives Jonathan and will be the front man. Daymond agrees but for 40%.
- Robert Herjavec – offers $100,000 for 30% with no royalty. Kevin counters, dropping to 20%, but the royalty stays. Robert Counters, going to 25%.
Johnathan accepts Barbara Corcoran and Daymond Johns deal, of which Daymond throws in the condition that he never has to talk to Jonathan.
Wurkin Stiffs after Shark Tank
Ironically, the Wurkin Stiffs deal did not close after Shark Tank, and Jonathan hasn't spoke with Barbara, but he he has done work for Daymond John. It looks like the two can actually work together after all! The website looks great, and the company appears to be doing well.