Copa Di Vino goes to $5 million in sales in just one year after their first Shark Tank pitch. He gets the second shot in front of the Sharks.
James Martin sells Copa Di Vino by the glass
Copa Di Vino is wine by the glass. No corkscrews. James has twice the number of orders that he can produce.
James bottled a $1,000 bottle of wine in the Copa Di Vino glass to share with the Sharks when they do a deal this time around.
Kevin O'Leary brought up James unwillingness for a licensing deal.
Daymond asks James what he is drinking because he knows that they aren't as going to be as gentle as they were the last time.
Kevin O'Leary said last time he was a dead man walking, is a ghost, or the real deal? James called a bottle of wine with the name of “Dead Man Walking.”
Kevin comes back to the same offer that he offered last time. He loves the packaging business that James has, not the winery.
Kevin agrees that James knows more about wine by the glass.
Mark asks James to make a call, go to the bathroom. James leaves, and then he wants Kevin and Robert to come in on the deal.
James calls Jim Koch, founder of Samuel Adams and feels they have a lowball offer. Jim suggested offering $300,000 for 8% of the company. Mark Declines that offer and says he needs more skin in the game with more money.
Company: Copa Di Vino
Entrepreneur: James Martin
Ask: $300,000 for 5% equity
Companies in this episode: The Sullivan Generator, Blondie's Cookies, ViewSport
Season: Season 3 Episode 311
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 04/13/2012
Deal: James gets huge offers and then declines the Sharks offer of $600,00 for 30%
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about James Martin and Copa Di Vino
- Mark Cuban knows more about his product, but he is still not comfortable with a $6 million valuation. He Offers $600,000 in for 30% and three Sharks, Robert Kevin and Mark. Mark goes out because James is playing games with Mark.
- Daymond John wasn't interested the last time, and he's out this time.
- Kevin O'Leary puts out the $300,000 for 12% right now. Kevin thinks that this is what the company is worth right now.
- Barbara Corcoran felt like James coming in was like an old friend. But, as she listens to him, she remembers that Barbara didn't like him the last time, and she doesn't want him this time. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec is on the deal with Mark and Kevin. Robert Herjavec gets up and walks out because he says James came to waste his time.
James Martin and Copa Di Vino after Shark Tank
Copa Di Vino continues to rock their business. I see them in the local Hy-Vee stores, and in numerous other places. James ego is a bit too big to be in with the Sharks, and it would surely be a clash if they would have done a deal.
Do you want to know the latest on what is happening in the world of the Sharks, the people, and the companies that appear on Shark Tank? Sign up and when there's breaking news you will know first!