Ben Wood is pitching ViewSport in Shark Tank Season 3. The company creates unique clothing for workouts. You see messages or logos on your shirt when you sweat. Use motivation through perspiration.
ViewSport founder Ben Wood is a Chemistry Major
ViewSport founder, Ben Wood was a Chemistry major when he came up with the idea for the Sweat Activated Technology. His shirts are hypo-allergenic, non-toxic, and safe for anyone to wear according to his website.
The current year sales are $140,000 with eighty percent in the last three months. ViewSport is patent pending.
The shirts need to be wet to activate the ViewSport clothing items. The technology is a chemical process applied to the shirt.
He is in the Shark Tank seeking relationships with one of the Sharks.
The ViewSport technology works on any clothing item, but he focuses on shirts.
Entrepreneurs: Ben Wood
Ask: $500,000 for 20% equity
Companies in this episode: The Sullivan Generator, Blondie's Cookies, Copa Di Vino
Season: Season 3 Episode 311
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 04/13/2012
Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about ViewSport
- Mark Cuban said Ben strategized incorrectly; he is out.
- Daymond John is the first one to go out.
- Kevin O'Leary asks Ben, what should he make in the company to value the company right now. He has overvalued the company, and he wants the Sharks to work for him. Kevin is insulted at the valuation. Kevin is out.
- Barbara Corcoran believes that his technology is too monochromatic, she is out.
- Robert Herjavec is not sold on the product. He thinks it is too gimmicky. He is out
ViewSport after Shark Tank
Ben continues to market his clothing through his website. ViewSport did a $6.9 million deal with the U.S. Army. He continues to thrive with customers making bulk orders.