Maneesh is from Boston, Massachusetts and he is the creator of Pavlok. It is a device you wear that release a mild electric sensation that helps you reduce cravings and breaks bad habits in the brain. Since launch Maneesh claims their users have had enormous success.
He has always had severe ADHD and hired someone to sit next to him to slap him every time he went on Facebook. He thought he would make a zapper instead of hiring someone.
The science is obverse conditioning. It provides for an electrical stimulus to retrain the brain.
He hands out wearables to each Shark with their name on the device. He is able to adjust the device using a controller. Pavlok has 21 clinical trials.
He has sold pre-order devices in the amount of $800,000 at $200 each. Pavlok works as an alarm clock shocking you to wake in the morning.
Pavlok spazzes out, saying “you guys are making me so ADHD.”
Maneesh has no testing on his product. He has no clinical trials.
Pavlok Episode Data
- Company: Pavlok –Website
- Entrepreneur: Maneesh Sethi
- Ask: $500,000 for 3.14% equity
- Episode Season 7 Episode 729
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 05/20/2016
- Deal: No Deal, not because of an offer, but he can't work with Kevin O'Leary. He says he will take an offer from anyone but Mr. Wonderful.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Pavlok?
- Mark Cuban – claims that the Pavlok device is complete nonsense. Mark asks what percentage of time does it not work. Maneesh answers saying that it doesn't work if you don't want it to work. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – finds his presentation is exhausting and complicated. She can't imagine having the energy to deal with this. She is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – says Maneesh is a combination of spontaneous combustion and ADHD mixed together. He understands what he is doing, and is interested in making an offer. The technology works according to Kevin, so he will give $500,000 as debt on the company, and he will give 3.14% equity. The interest rate is 7.5% for 24 months. Maneesh tells Kevin there is a problem. He won't do a deal with Kevin O'Leary. He says they can't work together.
- Lori Griener – thinks this is a nowhere nero, she is out.
- Robert Herjavec – When he came out, he had habit. Habit creates success. He does not like that he has a $16 million valuation on pre-order. He is out.