FuzziBunz Shark Tank Pitch
FuzziBunz combats the disposable diaper that ends up in landfills taking up to 400 years to decompose. Tereson's solution is FuzziBunz reusable diapers which keep baby's drier, more comfortable, and rash free. They have a pocket in the back where a micro-fleece pad inserts. They have a rinse tool that applies to the toilet allowing them to rinse the diaper. Parents put it in the mess free diaper bag and then unzip it dumping it into the washing machine with clean hands.
Tereson launched FuzziBunz ten years previously and has $3.9 million in the last year, but only made $20,000. She went overseas and ended up being knocked off. She does have a patent, but it is not strong. Her distributor stole her product, and is suing right now.
Her sales will increase by 70% if she successfully prosecutes all people who are infringing on her patent of FuzziBunz.
FuzziBunz Cookies Episode Data
- Company: FuzziBunz
- Entrepreneur: Tereson Dupuy
- Ask: $500,000 for 15% equity
- Episode Season 4 Episode 403
- Companies in this episode:
- Liz Lovely Cookies
- Rock Bands
- Posture Now
- Tower Paddle Boards – Featured Update
- First Aired: 09/27/2012
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about FuzziBunz?
- Mark Cuban – thinks she needs to outwork her competitors and beat them at a better product. Mark does not want to be in the pooper cooper business.
- Daymond John – tells her when she first started talking you were catching a lot of flies when Kevin started in talking. He thinks there is too many problems. Daymond is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – tells her that she should work with his army of lawyers that forces the infringers into licensing her products. He sees her as an innovator, that others took away from her. Kevin doesn't want to join her on her ride. He wishes her the best of luck. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – is seeing herself as people stole her stuff along the way, and she is concerned about Tereson. She is not confident in her. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – sees her looking for a lifeline and he wants to invest in businesses that are on an upswing. He is out.
FuzziBunz after Shark Tank
FuzziBunz continues to market their products online, and has an active social media presence. Their is not much information on dealing with the IP squatters for her product.