BearTek Shark Tank Pitch
Willie and Tarik bring BearTek gloves into the Shark Tank Season 7. Their gloves turn into remote controls for smartphone. The gloves allow you to keep them on and control your device. Six sensor touch points are on each glove allowing them to control your electronic device remotely.
The thumb is the activation touch point in BearTek. Use the thumb to touch the other finger to control volume up and down, change the track, or any other number of actions. They are selling gloves, but their focus is on selling the technology.
BearTrek has sold 1500 units, amounting to $200,000 in fifteen months. The gloves run in the range of $200.
Willie and Tarik are cousins and Willie is a motorcycle rider and Tarik ski's on the slopes. Tarik put in $500,000 of his own money to fund the start-up.
They have several potential customers that want the technology in the gloves including the military.
BearTek Episode Data
- Company: BearTek
- Entrepreneurs: Willie Blount and Tarik Rodgers
- Ask: $500,000 for 5% equity
- Episode Season 7 Episode 716
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 02/05/2016
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about BearTek?
- Mark Cuban – thinks that the amount of time to wait for integration and then sell is not worth the risk verses reward. He is out.
- Daymond John – says he has been pushing his finger trying to figure out how this company is worth ten million dollars and it is not working. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – sees other ways to interface with your device without the need for the gloves. Kevin is not going to stick around to find out if you can sell this. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – asks what is your greatest strength against voice activation. They answer is how precise your action is. Lori likes them and she likes anything that keeps you safer, but you are just figuring it out, they are not sure. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – was hoping they would say the glove is simply a carrier for the technology, but they focused on the glove. He doesn't want to be in the glove business for ten million dollars. He is out.
BearTek after Shark Tank
The last tweet for BearTek is in 2016, the website is gone, and my guess is the company is now gone as well.