Major Mom® Shark Tank Pitch
Major Mom® founder, Angela Cody Rouget organizes homes and combats clutter and disorganization. Many people don't know how to organize every room in your home. She even claims to save marriages, and help little girls play in their rooms.
Angela gained valuable organization skills as a nuclear missile combat crew commander. She literally had the keys to the nukes, and she tells the sharks the President trusted her, so the Sharks can trust her with the money. Angela can multi-task 75 tasks at once, and does them very well.
She left the service ten years ago, with plans to be a stay-at-home mom. Her husbands real estate business crashed, and so she launched Major Mom®. They are in multiple states. The company does a free estimate on the phone with packages that run up to $2,000. They have $550,000 in sales at the time of the Shark Tank Pitch. Angela reinvested $320,000 into getting ready to open a franchise.
Cost to open a franchise is $20,000 and veterans are discounted 50%. They have a royalty of 8% and require $5,000 for marketing.
The Sharks get ownership in both the franchise business and the company business of Major Mom®.
Major Mom® Episode Data
- Company: Major Mom®
- Entrepreneurs: Angela Cody Rouget
- Ask: $150,000 for 20% equity
- Episode Season 7 Episode 716
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 02/05/2016
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Major Mom®?
- Mark Cuban – tells Angela that when someone asks why don't you grow it yourself, it is the scariest answer you can give him. Having franchisees is not going to be easier, it is harder and she is under estimating the amount of work. He is out.
- Daymond John – is a customer, but he can't be part of the business. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – thinks she is so good, she is a tornado, and she will have to find people at her level in other markets. He does not think the franchising is going to work. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – thinks she does women proud, she has done amazing things, but she needs to keep it smaller, bringing in a lot of money, but the franchise will spread her to thin. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – thinks it will be a problem to get people to give them a check for $25,000. He thinks they should pay it through the royalty. He can't get their today, he is out.
Major Mom® after Shark Tank
Major Mom® landed hundreds of new clients after appearing on Shark Tank as well as numerous franchise prospects.