Aldo Orta Jewelry sells to Celebrities and high-end markets. Aldo wants to create an affordable line of jewelry that he can sell to the mass markets. He makes his pitch in Shark Tank Season 2.
Aldo Orta Jewelry designs are all created by Aldo Orta himself, and if something happened to him, there are no other designers to keep the business going. The Sharks see this problem as a massive risk on their investment.
QVC is interested in having Aldo Orta Jewelry on their network, but first requires $50,000 worth of Jewelry before they will move forward.
The Sharks see two boxes, one with the affordable design, and the other is high-end designs. Aldo Orta Jewelry designs are focused on mythology. He has many pieces with prices under $200.
Aldo Orta Jewelry Episode Statistics
Company: Aldo Orta Jewelry
Entrepreneurs: Aldo Orta
Ask: $180,000 for 45% equity
Companies in this episode: CittiKitty, Samson Martin, Aldo Orta Jewelry, ReadeRest
Season 2 Episode 208
Sharks: Kevin Harrington, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 05/12/2011
Deal: Barbara Corcoran and Kevin Harrington $180,000 for 45% equity.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Aldo Orta
- Kevin Harrington is tempted to invest
- Daymond John is concerned about the economic downturn, and jewelry is not selling so, he is out. Daymond believes his jewelry is beautiful.
- Kevin O'Leary doesn't like that the business is entirely resting on one person. He would have to ensure his life for the life of an investment. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran loves the jewelry and Aldo's look. Aldo says it is the passion, but she says it is beyond that. She is only willing to make half the investment. Another Shark needs to come in on the deal, and Kevin Harrington answers the call.
- Robert Herjavec believes the retail price is too high for mass markets so, he is out.
The Sharks are excited about Aldo Orta's deal. Robert Herjavec wants the belt buckle.
After Shark Tank – Aldo Orta Jewelry
Aldo Orta Jewelry continues to sell high-end one-of-a-kind pieces of jewelry.