Rebecca Rescate developed the tool to potty train your cat with CittiKitty. She pitches her product in Shark Tank Season 2.
Rebecca shows a video of a cat using the toilet with CittiKitty which causes the Sharks to crack up laughing.
Cats use a kitty litter boxes because it masks the smell, and the toilet water masks smell better than kitty litter.
Now, you probably think a Cat is not going to go near water, but Rebecca developed a product that breaks away as the cat becomes more comfortable, allowing the feces to drop into the toilet. No more cleaning the litter box!
CittiKitty comes with removable rings
Just remove a CittiKitty ring until your cat uses the toilet without them. She has her product manufactured at the cost of $4.76 and sells retail for $29.99. She manufacturers them in quantities of 10,000.
Her sales coming into Shark Tank are over 40,000 units through her website. Her sales to date are $1.2 million, with the previous year's sales at $225,000.
CittiKitty appears on Good Morning America, CNN, The Wall Street Journal and other publications.
Entrepreneurs: Rebecca Rescate
Ask: $100,000 for 15% equity
Companies in this episode: CittiKitty, Samson Martin, Aldo Orta Jewelry, OneSole Shoes
Season 2 Episode 208
Sharks: Kevin Harrington, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 05/12/2011
Deal: Kevin Harrington for $100,000 in exchange for 20% equity. He wants to do an infomercial.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about CittiKitty
- Kevin Harrington looks for a product that solves a problem and a mass market. Kevin Harrington offers $100,000, but he wants 40% of the company.
- Daymond John was on the fence, and Kevin is probably a better partner for her, so he's out.
- Kevin O'Leary hates cats, and Rebecca reminds him that he loves money. He's out.
- Barbara Corcoran decides she wants to make an offer. Barbara mentions it costs a lot of money to make a commercial and to run the advertising. She wants to give her $100,0000 for 15% if her As Seen On TV wants to do the deal.
- Robert Herjavec Goes out, having no interest in the business because he doesn't have cats, he has a dog.
After Shark Tank – CittiKitty
CittiKitty is still selling the toilet training kits today through her website. CittiKitty is not the only product that she has, Hoodie Pillow in Season 4 is also a product that Rebecca is involved with marketing and selling.