The Hanukkah Tree Topper Shark Tank Pitch
The Hanukkah Tree Topper is an idea that bridges interfaith families at holiday times. Morri put a second mortgage on the house to market his product and he is hopeful the Sharks will help him bring his product to the mass market.
The Hanukkah Tree Topper takes the debate out of Hanukkah and Christmas by placing the Star on top of the Christmas Tree. He sold 12,000 units for $19.99 with cost of $2. He has gross sales of $150,000 for the previous three holiday seasons.
According to a national survey, fifty percent of Jewish people have married another faith. He wants to use the money for new product design, fulfillment space so he can move out of the home and a new website that he can use to market the product.
The Hanukkah Tree Topper Episode Data
- Company: The Hanukkah Tree Topper –Website
- Entrepreneur: Morri Chowaiki
- Ask: $50,000 for 15% equity
- Episode Season 5 Episode 512
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 12/13/2013
- Deal: Daymond John at $50,000 for 35% equity
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about The Hanukkah Tree Topper?
- Mark Cuban – says the biggest problem any of his companies has had is getting out of the garage and getting into an office. He is out.
- Daymond John – did a deal with a Rabbi(Rest in peace) on Soundbender, and Daymond is contemplating doing this deal. He takes a gamble, $50,000 for 35% equity. Daymond says it is a licensing play and to do other things to enhance the product. Daymond tells him not to counter because he really wants to do the deal. Morri says Kiss Me! They have a deal.
- Kevin O'Leary – comes back to having a seasonal product, and Morri answers that he works twelve months out of the year, and Kevin counters that there is only a one-time purchase. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – can't believe that she agrees with Kevin, and she doesn't think they have a big enough market. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – thinks that he has done a good job but three years later you are at $160,000 and for that reason he is out.
The Hanukkah Tree Topper after Shark Tank
Daymond John's The Shark Group, licensed this product through Kurt S. Adler company, who licenses and imports the most holiday goods in the USA. Retail sales of the product grew 150% in 2014. You can buy this tree topper on Amazon.