Ten Thirty One Productions Tank Pitch
Ten Thirty One productions produces, creates, owns attractions in the horror space. The most popular attraction is the Los Angeles Haunted Hay Ride. This is not for the faint of heart. The hayride takes you into the pitch black woods with demonic souls and psychopathic fun waiting around every turn.
The valuation scares the Sharks, asking how they are worth $20 million. They sell out every night and do $1.8 million on their haunted hay ride for 17 nights. It cost $1.2 million to do the Los Angeles Haunted Hay ride.
Ten Thirty One productions has the Great Horror Campout that is overnight completely immersive with 2,000 campers that is 12 hours of hell. They are also launching new attractions, including the New York Haunted Hay Ride and 10 summer camp outs.
They do about $300,000 in media advertising and Melissa ran Clear Channel Los Angeles giving her the strategy to get the maximum buys on media.
Ten Thirty One Productions Episode Data
- Company: Ten Thirty One Productions – Website
- Entrepreneurs: Melissa Carbone
- Ask: $1,000,000 for 10% equity
- Episode Season 5 Episode 506
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 10/25/2013
- Deal: Deal Mark Cuban $2 million for 20%
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Ten Thirty One Productions?
- Mark Cuban – thinks the horror show is listening to Kevin talk about valuation all the time. Mark says he will take it at $2 million for 20% equity before Daymond answers.
- Daymond John – is an expert on high octane scare. Just wear an expensive piece of jewelry and walk around where he grew up. He makes an offer of $2,000,000 for 45%. She counters at $2 million for 20%.
- Kevin O'Leary – says she overvalued the business at twenty million, with the real value at around $7 million. Kevin thinks it is ridiculous to get everything to work on day 1. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – thinks it is going to take a long time to get her money back. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – thinks to hit the projections everything has to work perfectly, he is out.
Ten Thirty One Productions after Shark Tank
Ten Thirty One Productions closed the deal with Mark Cuban and did $5 million in revenue in 2016. The company has had one public accident whereby a fog machine fell and hit a woman who sued the company. The outcome of the case is unknown.