Elephant Chat Shark Tank Pitch
Elephant Chat is for the “We need to talk” conversations. You place the elephant in the room and your partner knows that you need to talk about something. That way you immediately know something your partner has something to discuss.
Amanda and Jason are not therapists, they just used this tool for their relationship.
The stuffed elephant costs $22.95, and sells for $59.95. Their friends put in $100,000 equity to help them get the business launched. Stuffed animals don't cost that much, making this outrageously expensive.
Elephant Chat Episode Data
- Company: Elephant Chat – Website
- Entrepreneurs: Amanda Adams and Jason Adams
- Ask: $50,000 for 20% equity
- Episode Season 5 Episode 506
- Companies in this episode:
- Elephant Chat
- Ten Thirty One Productions
- Total Merchant Resources
- Shell Bobbers – Featured Update
- First Aired: 10/25/2013
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Elephant Chat?
- Mark Cuban – thinks the other Sharks are wrong, and the retail environment is not the place to sell this, but the marital counselors are the right people. They need corny stuff to work with the people that they have as clients. Mark says they are not there yet and he is out.
- Daymond John – says if he came home it would be an early warning signal and he would slide out the backdoor to escape.
- Kevin O'Leary – would look in the box and find out he paid $60 for a $1 stuffed animal would cause him to need an anger management class and would be looking for a phone number.
- Lori Greiner – Lori tells them that you start out at a very affordable price to prove the concept. At $60 a piece she is out.
- Robert Herjavec – tells them to come back after twenty-three years of marriage and pitch him on the product. He does not think this works. He is out.
Elephant Chat after Shark Tank
The website is gone and it looks like Elephant Chat did not get used that much. This business is done.