Teaspressa Shark Tank Pitch
Teaspressa is the healthier option to Coffee, but is not as fun to drink, until now. The drink is made just like Espresso. They have the pick me up, but without the jitters and the crash. Allison presents the Sharks with her favorable drinks. Her business is the tea shots itself, and she has a patent pending process.
Allison created pop up shops to get started, and a store in Phoenix started carrying her product. She has $26,000 in sales over six months leading up to her pitch.
Teaspressa sells online as well. She wants to be known as the person that made tea cool. She has a machine that makes the shots, as well as selling the tea. The sharks are confused because she is not focusing on a strategy for her business plan. She needs to specify the product that she is selling.
The Sharks are looking for the direction of her business. She needs to pull it together, and tell them how a $50,000 investment will get their return on investment, and see the upside.
Teaspressa Episode Data
- Company: Teaspressa – Website
- Entrepreneur: Allison DeVane
- Ask: $50,000 for 10% equity
- Episode Season 7 Episode 720
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 02/26/2016
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Teaspressa?
- Mark Cuban – wants to help her by take a deep breath. She has a big vision, but she came to early. It is nearly impossible to figure out a vision, execute that vision, and figure out how to be a business at the same time. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – says she needs to communicate more clearly, and she is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – tells Allison that he has no idea what she does, and he is out.
- Lori Greiner – thinks they taste great, and every Shark loves them, but she needs to take each step one-by-one. She came in too early, and that is why Lori is out.
- Robert Herjavec – thinks it is a testament to her character and her vision that they are still talking to her at this time, but she is too early. He is out.
Teaspressa after Shark Tank
Teaspressa appears on Shark Tank and bombs, but she has a ton of success in her future. Her business ends up getting broke into after her show. The thieves looked right into the security camera. They ended up recovering her machine the next evening.
Allison is working hard on her brand, and the products look well packaged. You can find her products on Amazon.