Tail Lightz is a lighted magnet patch that attaches to your jean pockets. Kyle Rainey is in the design phase of the patches and makes his pitch in Shark Tank Season 3.
The catch with Tail Lightz is that the marketplace isn't interested in the design as self-evident by the young ladies who are his models.
Hopefully, Kyle found another project that has a more viable marketplace than the magnetic LED wearable products he's invented.
Tail Lightz Episode Statistics
Company: Tail Lightz
Entrepreneurs: Kyle Rainey
Ask: $50,000 for 50% equity
Companies in this episode: Chord Buddy, Liquid Money, Tail Lightz, You Smell Soap
Season 3 Episode 303
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 11/13/2015
Deal: No Deal from the Sharks
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Tail Lightz?
- Mark Cuban tells Kyle not to quit, but his biggest hits are ones that people thought were most likely to fail.
- Daymond John has seen ten items like his, and he is out.
- Kevin O'Leary tells Kyle that Tail Lightz is not the one to succeed, he is out.
- Barbara Corcoran goes out after hearing Kyle's pitch. She sees the designs as dated; they are uncomfortable to sit on, and they risk being left in the jeans ending up in the wash. Barbara is out.
- Robert Herjavec thinks Barbara is right; it looks dated, he is out.
Daymond comments that his wife must be incredible, and Mark adds, either that, he's a good dad, and she is smart for letting him keep doing it. Those are great comments from the Sharks.
Tail Lightz after Shark Tank
The website for Tail Lightz is still up after all this time, so obviously, Kyle does not give up. But, maybe he could put his energy into something else that will score.