Chord Buddy founder, Travis Perry pitches his invention in Shark Tank Season 3. His product makes learning guitar so easy anyone can do it.
Chord Buddy fits on the neck of your guitar
Chord Buddy is a device that mounts to the neck of the guitar, helping you learn the guitar with no frustration.
Travis created a patented system that allows you to slowly remove the tabs over two months, allowing you to learn how to play the guitar without the Chord Buddy on the guitar.
ChordBuddy has $150,000 in sales after just one month. He sells online, and music stores in LA(lower Alabama). Travis retails ChordBuddy at $49.95 with cost being $7.
Kevin O'Leary brings Travis back to the valuation of $1.25 million. ChordBuddy sold $500,000 with Purchase orders of $110,000 plus Sams is coming to Travis with a purchase order.
Chord Buddy is 100% made in the USA which costs more to produce but helps depressed economies.
Chord Buddy Episode Statistics
Company: Chord Buddy
Entrepreneurs: Travis Perry
Ask: $125,000 for % equity
Companies in this episode: Chord Buddy, Liquid Money, Tail Lightz, You Smell Soap
Season 3 Episode 303
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 11/13/2015
Deal: Robert Herjavec $125,000 plus $50,000 for an infomercial for 20% equity.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Chord Buddy?
- Mark Cuban is not quite sure Travis can scale the business because he will have to go on the roadshow. He is out.
- Daymond John offers $125,000 for 20% equity. Daymond offers to work a celebrity in on the deal.
- Kevin O'Leary offers Travis $125,000 for a 20% stake. He provides his endorsement, and he is a guitar player. The catch is, Kevin's celebrity status in the rural markets is just a tad better than James Mitchell's celebrity status for PureAyre commercials!
- Barbara Corcoran offers $175,000 for 20% with the contingency that $50,000 goes into an infomercial.
- Robert Herjavec offers $125,000 for 20%. Robert tells him that he is the only one that wants to be a rockstar, and needs the product. Travis asks Robert to sweeten the offer some way, so Robert tells him that he will put the $50,000 aside if they do an infomercial. Robert gets the deal.
Chord Buddy after Shark Tank
ChordBuddy took off after this episode of Shark Tank, and Robert even got Travis the celebrity endorsement perfect for Chord Buddy. Robert set up a meeting with Travis in a hotel and brought out John Rich, who helped promote ChordBuddy.