Storm Stoppers Shark Tank Pitch
Storm Stoppers allows you to easily prepare your home for incoming hurricanes. Hurricanes give you little time to prepare and they make a huge mess. People grab plywood and nail it to your window frames. 2 by 4's go right through plywood, but Storm Stoppers keeps boards from hitting your windows.
Storm Stoppers has a handle to make it easily removable. the panel is easily removable from the inside should your home catch on fire. the product is five times more expensive than using plywood, but plywood is not a reusable product.
The product is tied to the economy and the weather. John has five and a half million sales in the last ten years. The previous six months is $200,000.
Storm Stoppers Episode Data
- Company: Storm Stoppers – Website
- Entrepreneurs: John D. Smith
- Ask: $100,000 for 10% equity
- Episode Season 6 Episode 609
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 01/06/2017
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Storm Stoppers?
- Mark Cuban – tells John he is an expert in hurricanes, but your interpersonal skills are horrible. Mark does not trust him for his selling skills. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – thinks the product is good and you need a huge supply, and not know when you are going to sell it. She is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – hates the fact that he could do this same business. Kevin says the sales are horrific. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – thinks the product is smart, but she is concerned about how the sales dropped. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – sees so many challenges with the proposition. He is out.
Storm Stoppers after Shark Tank
John Smith might not be the best spokesperson for a really great product. At one point, he made public an endorsement deal via a press release, including the amount he is willing to pay for the endorsement to Tim Tebow's agent. He got no response as of the PR release. Why would you announce your entire deal to the general public? The non-response doesn't help the image of the company.
In a way, I could see John Smith and James Mitchell(PureAyre) being related in that they have similar personalities that rubbed the Sharks wrong.