Salespreneur, Dave Greco thinks he teaches anyone to become a salesperson. He makes some strong claims that he can sell anything to anyone, causing Shark Tank's Daymond John to challenge him to sell his pen to him.
Salespreneur Dave Greco started selling pencils as a child
The Salespreneur founder Dave Greco started selling pencils to his neighbors at five years old. His company claims to teach you how to sell more, and make more.
The Salespreneur system has two components. The Missile and the second is Roadmap. Dave sold $40,000 in the previous three months. He currently has three Fortune 300 accounts.
A typical sell is 10-20 books and a salesperson. Dave Greco claims SalesPreneur will increase sales forty percent, which is a considerable number, and one that lacks enough client base to prove in his presentation. That claim causes the Salespreneur to lose credibility in the Shark Tank.
Dave Greco sold Met-Life 140 books and says he will turn his program into a mobile application to scale Salespreneur.
Again Greco makes another claim, saying he took a small start-up's sales at $30 million to now $60 million. The Sharks know that it is impossible for the sales to have grown this much.
Let's get back to Daymond John, asking Dave Greco to sell his pen to him. Dave Explains the features, functions, and benefits of his pen, but he forgets to tie him down and close.
Entrepreneur: Dave Greco
Ask: $90,000 for 40% equity
Companies in this episode: I want to draw a cat for you, Salespreneur, Rick Smith Vegas Magic Show, Invis-a-rack, CittiKitty Update
Season: Season 3 Episode 302
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 01/27/2012
Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Salespreneur
- Mark Cuban asks Dave a simple question, going for the close. If I offer you $90,000 for 40% of your company, would you say yes! Dave got the exact offer he wants, and he doesn't close a deal that is right in front of him. He asks Mark what could they do right now, to do a deal. Dave Greco had a chance to close and diverted attention, away from Mark, he is out.
- Daymond John goes out because Dave Greco forgets to tie down and close the sale on Daymond's pen.
- Kevin O'Leary says apparently Dave Greco; the Salespreneur is not as good as he thinks. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran thinks he is doing too much, too fast. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec is not buying Dave selling himself to using a mobile app to teach selling. He is out. Robert asks him how many people has he sold?
Salespreneur after Shark Tank
The Salespreneuer domain name is parked at GoDaddy and is no longer in use. Apparently, Dave Greco shut the company down.
Dave Greco blew the Shark Tank by being arrogant and failing to follow necessary selling procedures. He is probably a great salesperson but has his pitch destroyed.
Ironically, everyone is always selling themselves in everything we do. Dave's pitch makes me think about how I, who can be a great salesperson, will trip up like Dave in the places where I want to close a deal.
So, congratulations to Dave Greco, the Salespreneur. You helped me to refocus my daily pitch, and realize I make some of the mistakes you made. You will help me increase my close by refocusing on doing well, what I already know, but wasn't doing.
Do you want to know the latest on what is happening in the world of the Sharks, the people, and the companies that appear on Shark Tank? Sign up and when there's breaking news you will know first!