Rocketbook is the notebook from the future. Students and Sharks can't let go of pen and paper. Rocketbook enables you to take note and then scan them to their app.
Rocketbook is the reusable notebook
They have sold 75,000 Rocket Books at $22 retail for $2.2 million in sales.
Kevin O'Leary is complaining because he is losing sales because the book is reusable.
Entrepreneurs: Jake Epstein and Joe Lemay
Ask: $400,000 for 10% equity
Companies in this episode: Wine and Design, LAID Brand, Bridal Buddy
Season: Season 8 Episode 824
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 05/12/2017
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Rocketbook
- Mark Cuban asks them where they see it in five years? They think they will be a significant brand. Mark says he is out as he laughs. He loves the numbers but, is amazed people are buying the product.
- Barbara Corcoran fears that the Rocketbook is a great gimmick that is gone in two to three years. She is out.
- Kevin O'Leary sees this as a dark force taking paper and erasing it. He is out.
- Lori Greiner thinks they have proven the concept, but she doesn't like all the steps. She thinks after awhile it fizzles. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec is amazed at the sales, but he doesn't see it, so he is out.
What Rocketbook did not say on Shark Tank
Joe Lamay did something we all do, and that is forget the right notebook for a meeting while he worked at Salesforce.com.
Joe needed to find a solution to address this situation, and came up with Rocketbook. All of his notes go into the app and to the proper place, and he only needs one notebook because it is clean every time he uses his notepad.
The Rocketbook proved so popular that they crowdfunded $1,889,030 for development and launch of the notepad and app.
Rocketbook after Shark Tank
And, here comes the results of Shark Tank, which left them with no deal! They have the number one selling Notebook on Amazon! With over Ten million dollars in sales, the Sharks missed on this one.
Buy Rocketbook on Amazon today. Learn more here