LAID Brand founders Adam and Derek claim their products help you get noticed. They claim to be the first hairline that uses Pheromones to get the job, a cup of coffee and whatever she wants.
LAID Brand Pheromone infused hair care products
LAID brand feature a complete line of haircare products that use Pheremones.
Robert Herjavec asks if there is a challenge for the “LAID” brands name? All Sharks think that the brand if for guys.
They launched a couple of different products and tested marketed their products. LAID Brand stopped selling over the last three months.
They claim that women like the products and respond positively to their products and name.
Company: LAID Brand
Entrepreneurs: Adam Rauch and Derek Shaw
From: Tampa, Florida
Ask: $30,000 for 30% equity
Companies in this episode: Wine and Design, Rocketbook, Bridal Buddy
Season: Season 8 Episode 824
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 05/12/2017
Deal: No Deal from the Sharks
Cost of a bottle of LAID shampoo is $2.15, and they sell online for $24.95
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about LAID Brand
- Mark Cuban thinks that they can grind out a living, but $30,000 is not enough money to get where you need to go.
- Barbara Corcoran feels like she is a walking sex goddess and she can't imagine what would happen if she put their products on her so, she is out.
- Kevin O'Leary tells them that retail like Sephora and department stores don't let little guys in, and he is out.
- Lori Greiner sprayed the product on Kevin, and it didn't do anything! She said there is no smell, which means there are too many problems with the brand. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec says adding Pheremones to a product is frequently done, and is not unique. It is going to be a challenge, and he is out.
LAID Brand after Shark Tank
Adam and Derek have not updated their website as it states that they appear on Shark Tank on May 12, 2017. What they should have is an update after their Shark Tank pitch.
Three products are available on their website that is in stock. Two posts are in LAID Brand blog. They need to do a few more posts.
The company does infrequently post to Facebook, with the most recent being in January 2018.