PDX Pet Design Tank Pitch
Jason and Tara met online and then adopted more cats, leading to the creation of PDX Pet Design. They focus on creating products that enhance the relationship with your animal, and provide entertainment when you are not home.
PDX Pet Design created something called Licki brush,where you stick the brush in your mouth and brush your cat, LOL! But before you laugh too much, their KickStarter campaign beat the goal and generated $52,179 from 2,002 backers. That's a lot of Licki Brushes!
Jason tells the Sharks that people use the Licki brush and bond with their animals. PDX pet design has over $500,000 in sales of their two products. Jason designed their products. Their total sales are projected at $180,000 for the current year.
They have another product that they start with, Shru, which entertains your cat while you are out for the day. This product imitates the movements of a small animal to ignite the hunting instinct of the cat.
PDX Pet Design Episode Data
- Company: PDX Pet Design – Website
- Entrepreneurs: Tara O'Mara and Jason O'Mara
- Ask: $300,000 for 15% equity
- Episode Season 8 Episode 812
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 01/06/2017
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about PDX Pet Design?
- Mark Cuban – thinks they have had fun with it, and they are looking for a break, but they came in asking for too much money. He is out.
- Daymond John – wishes they would not have asked for so much so soon, and he can't get around the number. Daymond tells them they are going to have to work it out with their valuation. They can't help them. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – thinks the Licki Brush is so crazy. Kevin says he can't go back to his team saying he gave them $300,000 he would lose employees. It's impossible for him to get back the $300k. He is out. Kevin adds, “Why do I do Shark Tank? Because you never know when someone is going to lick a cat!”
- Lori Greiner – thinks going viral, they should have more sales for the number of views. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – tells them the sales are not there. He is out.
PDX Pet Design after Shark Tank
It appears that Licki Brush continues to get a lot of viral media attention. The question is, how much sales does the viral media generate? Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Live with Kelly, Mashable, The Huffington Post and many others are featuring the product. Would you buy a Licki Brush?