NOHBO Shark Tank Pitch
Benjamin Stern created NOHBO, a company that makes single use balls of shampoo, soap and conditioner. even the wrapper is compostable. He is looking to license the cutting edge technology, and he is only sixteen at the time of his Shark Tank pitch.
He thought of NOHBO in January 2014, and he contacted Clorox companies head hunter group. They are interested in a licensing deal once the patent is granted. He has Hyatt Hotels wanting samples of NOHBO. He did not have samples to send, and he will send them as soon as he has them available.
Benjamin contacted a chemist to develop NOHBO and is hand pressing. He believes that the patent is defendable and will have it awarded. He has two provisional patents and does not have the capital to convert them.
NOHBO stands for No Hair Bottles.
He has material costs for $.06 and he believes that cost can get down to $.04.
NOHBO Episode Data
- Company: NOHBO
- Entrepreneur: Benjamin Stern
- Ask: $200,000 for 25% equity
- Episode Season 7 Episode 718
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 05/09/2014
- Deal: Deal Mark Cuban $100,000 for 25%
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about NOHBO?
- Mark Cuban – says there is a training in the hotels to educate the consumer. Mark loves it. Benjamin reminds him of himself. He offers to help with the patent and has HOTOT and KissStixx. Mark offers $100,000 for 25%, exactly what he is asking for without the contingency. He does the deal with Mark Cuban.
- Barbara Corcoran – offers $100,000 for 20% and will introduce him to Este Lauder
- Kevin O'Leary – uses a certain shampoo brand and he thinks he looks great. This is a delivery issue and is a long journey. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – thinks he is really brilliant and educated all the Sharks. She says you should never sell something unless you are ready because you only get one shot. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – will give Benjamin the $100,000 once the patent is issued and is licensed.
NOHBO after Shark Tank
Mark Cuban closed the deal with NOHBO after the Shark Tank episode and is readying the product for launch this spring 2018.