TUTUblue Shark Tank Pitch
TUTUblue is a new style swimwear that is fashionable and functional. Sarah presents her swimwear designed to keep you protected from the sun. They make a first of it's kind one piece swimsuit. It blocks out rays, is cool, and keeps you comfortable.
The TUTUblue suit is great for paddle boarding, swimming, and other beach activities. She has $4,000 in sales in just 1.5 months of business. The fabric keeps you cool and blocks the sun from penetrating. She also has a children's line.
Sarah was diagnosed with melanoma skin cancer a year before, and spent a lot of time in the ocean with her family, so she developed the suit.
They cost $47 to make and retails for $220. She has it in one store in Laguna Beach, California. She is also doing a print that is a Shark Repellent.
The only thing Sharks are afraid of are poisonous snakes.
TUTUblue Episode Data
- Company: TUTUblue
- Entrepreneur: Sarah Buxton
- Ask: $200,000 for 25% equity
- Episode Season 7 Episode 718
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 05/09/2014
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about TUTUblue?
- Mark Cuban – thinks there is not a dermatologist in a world that wouldn't recommend it. But the more directions you go, the harder it is to keep you focused. Mark has no doubt she works hard, but he is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – thinks the way she cut her style would make anyone look gorgeous but it is way too early.
- Kevin O'Leary – asks could this be a Cougar Tube? He has competition because Sarah always gets cast as a villain in soap opera's. Kevin thinks it is a really good idea. The problem is she asked for too much. It is not a great deal, he is out.
- Lori Greiner – thinks her design are very eye catching, but it is too early, she is out.
- Robert Herjavec – thinks she has too many directions right now, he is out.
TUTUblue after Shark Tank
Sarah scored a deal with a competitor after airing on Shark Tank, helping to propel her company forward. Now she has a full line of clothing and is working to get her items in mass markets.