Mama's MilkBox Shark Tank Pitch
Elena Petzold is pitching Mama's MilkBox, a company that creates breastfeeding nursing tops that delivers right to the door via subscription service. The client has three days to try on the clothes, and mailbox the items that they don't want. They will get a new shipment in six weeks.
Mama's Milkbox gives a 10% discount of the subscriber takes all the tops in the box. Customers will be charged for the tops they keep. She has a 50% margin on other brands tops. Sales last year are $83,000 as a side business. This year she has $84,000 and has $120,000 in inventory.
She started the business with $11,000 and did a line of credit for $40,000 and is debt, plus she has $27,000 on credit cards. She cannot tell what her inventory cost her which is going to kills this deal.
Elena has two other people working in their business.
Mama's MilkBox Episode Data
- Company: Mama's MilkBox
- Entrepreneur: Elena Petzold
- Ask: $200,000 for 20% equity
- Episode Season 8 Episode 813
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 01/13/2017
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Mama's MilkBox?
- Mark Cuban – tells Elena that she is falling further behind because she doesn't know where the finances situation is at the moment. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – tells her that her enthusiasm is going to work against her, and she needs to take a breath and slow down. Barbara says it is very hard to see if she has a good business. There is too much confusion, she is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – is trying to ask Elena about the inventory challenge, but she keeps interrupting. Kevin tells her she is going to go out of business as she grows. She needs to quicken the cycle. She is losing money because she doesn't have her finance under control. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – says passion is great, but it is only a fraction of the business and the subscription model is not going to work for her. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – asks why the mom's and the breastfeeding is such a passion for her? He says she is not even listening to him. He is out.