Pinblock Tank Pitch
Pinblock Building Blocks leads to self-exploration that helps children be creative. The blocks are exactly the same, and allow you to build whatever you want.
Sales are $160,000 since inception and runs $19.95 retail with a cost of $3.95. Vlad took Pinblocks to the toy fair, and he did not get any bigger orders.
He is originally from Ukraine, but he passed away early on and they lost everything. Vlad felt he has a mission to get the money back, and they came to the United States to get a fresh start. He pooled his money with a partner friend who still owns 15%, but is not active.
Pinblock Episode Data
- Company: Pinblock
- Entrepreneur: Vladislav Smolyanskyy
- Ask: $100,000 for 20% equity
- Episode Season 8 Episode 813
- Companies in this episode:
- Grease Bags
- Mama's MilkBox
- Nicepipes Apparel
- Daymond John – Featured Profile
- First Aired: 01/13/2017
- Deal: Deal Kevin O'Leary $100,000 for 50% equity contingent on a toy deal.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Pinblock?
- Mark Cuban – thinks Vlad is doing incredible things, but the toy business is brutal and is not for him. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – thinks that Vlad should consider Kevin's deal. She is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – thinks Pinblock is different because it is flexible and the pixelation is interesting. Kevin makes an offer for $100,000 for 30% provided he can license it into a large toy manufacturer. Vlad says it goes against his strategy. Kevin modifies his offer after the other Sharks go out, saying the only way this works is being a 50% partner with him.
- Lori Greiner – says it is difficult to educate the consumer with a product like this. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – thinks that great businesses are built from great purpose which is Vlad. He would try to license it, but that is not Vlad's purpose. He is out.