About Mix Bikini
Frank Scozzafava and Adam DiSilvestro are the founders of Mix Bikini, a company that specializes in interchangeable swimsuits. Mix Bikini sells their clothing online, allowing her to customize her suit to her taste.
They did a soft launch coming into Shark Tank with little to no sales, and each part sells for $9.99. The entire bikini costs $40-50 total. They want to setup kiosks in malls.
Frank comes out having such a passionate sales pitch. He doesn't know how to run the business, but he is passionate.
Mix Bikini Episode Data
There's confusion when they come into Shark Tank, because they tell the producers that they are asking for $50,000 for 5% equity. That's when Adam tells the Sharks they are offering 10%, not 5%.
Frank tells the Sharks they have as much as $500,000, that they don't need the Sharks money. Turns out, they needed the Sharks money, and do not have a clue as to how tough it is to launch a company.
- Company: Mix Bikini
- Entrepreneurs: Frank Scozzafava and Adam DiSilvestro
- Ask: $50,000 for 5% equity
- Episode Season 3 Episode 314
- Companies in this episode:
- Mark Cuban
- Daymond John
- Kevin O'Leary
- Barbara Corcoran
- Robert Herjavec
- First Aired: 05/11/2012
- Deal: Barbara Corcoran $50,000 for 25% equity
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Mix Bikini?
- Mark Cuban – You have to have a business plan, and what you guys have is a product and a hope. He is out. Mark Cuban add, “Frank you come in to the Tank and you talk so much smack.
- Daymond John – tells frank, it is not that easy, if it was he would be all over it. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – The only guys that walk out with money are able to articulate how Kevin gets rich in ninety seconds. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – Tells them they need to take some speech lessons, and Barbara comments, “I bet they will do well, though.” She went in because of the Bulldog tenacity. Too bad it did not work out.
- Robert Herjavec – Robert says there is nothing wrong without being a dreamer, but you came out without giving any numbers. He is out.
Mix Bikini after Shark Tank
Mix Bikini Website is no longer live and redirects to a GoDaddy Parked Page. The company also appeared in Beyond the Tank, The Shark Tank update show.
Barbara did the deal with Frank because he is an awesome salesperson. She also loves the product, but what happened? Barbara worried about how Frank could throw a party that cost $50,000 and the next day, she realized that's where her investment went.