About Lord Nut Levington
Lord Nut Levington hailed from a land that is bland and has no flavor. He sought out recipes that would bring flavor to the land. The nuts featured are spicy equalling 300,000 cans of peanuts. His sales are $700,000 with $300,000 in the last twelve months.
Sanjiv estimates they will end the year with $350,000. Kevin O'Leary has never heard of Lord Nut Levington, meaning that the brand is not known to him. Sanjiv says there is $1.1 million invested.
As an entrepreneur, Sanjiv explains his job in his industry, to create brands, and it is the role of the larger companies to scale the brands entrepreneurs create. The Sharks tell him this is well said.
Barbara points to her Pork Barrel Barbecue guys had $500,000 in sales, but their sales skyrocketed. It seems Barbara is very interested, until it gets to passion for the product.
Lord Nut Levington Episode Data
- Company: Lord Nut Levington – Website
- Entrepreneur: Sanjiv Patel
- Ask: $500,000 for 30% equity
- Episode Season 5 Episode 523
- Companies in this episode:
- Mark Cuban
- Barbara Corcoran
- Kevin O'Leary
- Lori Greiner
- Robert Herjavec
- First Aired: 04/10/2014
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Lord Nut Levington?
- Mark Cuban – tells him he has not talked about sales velocity. Sanjiv went from giving data to talk, and giving stories. He doesn't see it flying off the shelf. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – says passion for the product is the missing ingredient. She is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – says don't be an idiot and invest where you can't win. He won't follow him down his path to hell. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – can't try the peanuts because they don't agree with her, and because she cannot try them, she is out.
- Robert Herjavec – hasn't heard anything about the plan. He is out.
Lord Nut Levington after Shark Tank
Six hundred stores carried Lord Nut Levington peanuts before Shark Tank. Afterwards, the company expanded into 2,000 stores nationwide, and according to the website, sales boomed across the United States and worldwide. You can find the peanuts in Stop and Shop, Wegman's, Shaw's, Albertson's, and Total Wine.