IcyBreeze is the worlds first personal portable air conditioner and cooler all-in-one. The product is pitched in Shark Tank Season 7. The hose coming out of the wireless Air Conditioning cooler blows air thirty-five degrees cooler then the air outside.
They sell the IcyBreeze for $349 verses the price of a regular cooler at $35-50. The cooler cost $191 to manufacture, with the majority of the cost being the built-in battery.
They have sold 1,700 units selling most online, but they are also in 48 Sam's stores. They have five and a half million dollars invested in this company. Dave Yonce started the company Solar Winds.
They are in the Shark Tank looking for a strategic partnership with one of the Sharks. He tells the Sharks that it is clear that there are certain people in America who has all the connections. That is why they have come to the Shark Tank.
IcyBreeze Episode Data
- Company: IcyBreeze –Website
- Entrepreneurs: Jason Shakleford, Andrew Jenkins, and Dave Yonce
- Ask: $50,000 for 5% equity
- Episode Season 7 Episode 715
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 01/29/2016
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about IcyBreeze?
- Mark Cuban – doesn't think their is a shortcut through him so, he is out.
- Daymond John – doesn't think they need the Sharks, especially someone who may be more successful then him. he is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – doesn't think America will embrace an air conditioning cooler, he is out.
- Lori Griener – thinks it is clever, but it is blowing at one person and it is too expensive. Only a certain amount of the population can afford to buy this solution. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – thinks there price point is to high, he is out.
The IcyBreeze demonstrates a product that is cashflow positive, has everything paid for, and yet the Sharks would not do the deal. Dave, the entrepreneur didn't quite understand, but the Sharks are there for people who need their helps as much as they need their money.
The IcyBreeze doesn't need their money, and they probably would not see much gain from a Shark given the type of product they have.
IcyBreeze after Shark Tank
Dave Yonce now is helping entrepreneurs get products off the ground through his own website. He is looking to put his talents and money to work for you. IcyBreeze is selling for $329, down from the show price of $349.