HeartPup is seeking $25,000 for 10% equity in her company. Anastasia, the founder, says her dog carrier is functional, fashionable, and comfortable, made out of an Italian cashmere wool blend.
HeartPup holds your dog, phone, wallet and keys.
She carries her phone, wallet, keys, and features a clip to go on the puppy's collar; you won't have to worry if you have a jumper.
Anastasia used the HeartPup to take her pup to Law school classes. Her patent laws changed during the month of her pitch and said she needed to post it online, and they apply.
She started selling almost a year before her Shark Tank pitch, and she sells the Heartpup for $138 each. Her cost to produce is $16, and she sold $135,000. She wants to make a lot of money, but she wants a strategic partner. She wants the Sharks to be one of her buttons to contact when she needs them.
Anastasia is making the HeartPup, and she wants to get a factory to manufacture them for her with the money.
Entrepreneurs: Anastasia Balyura
Ask: $25,000 for 10% equity
Companies in this episode: SoapSox, HeartPup, Ninja Cards, DrumPants
Season: Season 6 Episode 603
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 10/03/2014
Deal: Daymond John $50,000 for 40% equity.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about HeartPup
- Mark Cuban thinks that this could be a great business with huge margins. He is not a great partner as a “button” for someone to contact so; he goes out.
- Daymond John offers her $50,000 for 40% equity in her company. They have a deal
- Kevin O'Leary tells Anastasia he will give her the $25,000 for 25%, but the dog bites it. He hates Rat Terriers; he is out.
- Lori Greiner likes that she's a lot in a short period, but it is to easy to replicate quickly. It is niche, and she prefers a broad appeal. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec does not feel he is the right partner for her. He is out.
HeartPup after Shark Tank
HeartPup is selling their carriers online, and they did complete the deal with Daymond John.
Do you want to know the latest on what is happening in the world of the Sharks, the people, and the companies that appear on Shark Tank? Sign up and when there's breaking news you will know first!