Hargitt Marine Services Shark Tank Pitch
Hargitt Marine Services is a company that recovers treasure from ship wrecks. He found a wreck, as he is a nautical amateur historian. He filed a claim with the state of Alaska for the wreck, even though it has already been salvaged.
Mark claims that if he gets 3/4's of the wreck which would take about two weeks to get the material from the wreck. He has been doing salvage all his life.
He tells the Sharks they are plan C to recover this wreck. The first plan is to do it himself by hand, the second is to use his retirement fund, and the Sharks are next.
Robert verifies that Hargitt Marine Services has the exclusive rights to the minerals, and suggests that he goes to a larger salvage company and sell it. Mark said he did not think of that.
Hargitt Marine Services Episode Data
- Company: Hargitt Marine Services – Website“
- Entrepreneur: Mark Hargitt
- Ask: $250,000 for 25% equity
- Episode Season 5 Episode 528
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 05/09/2014
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Hargitt Marine Services?
- Mark Cuban – gets pitched on this type of thing all the time and they never turn out like what is promised. He has been pitched a lot of treasure hunts. He likes Mark, he likes what he is doing but he is out.
- Daymond John – is falling in love with the romance of the idea of this, but he would not have the slightest idea on what to do with this. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – thinks this is very interesting and it is not a slam dunk. There is too much risk. He is not going to take the dive with him, he is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – lacks knowledge of this deal, and even more importantly, lacks sex appeal to the deal. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – asks if there is someone in the industry that will fund this operation. He answers that is a possibility. Robert is a diver, and he loves diving. He said this is an investment that he does not see getting a return, he is out. They have never had an investment where one of the risks is real sharks.