The Caddy Girls is an all-girl caddy company. The base location is in Mertyl Beach, South Carolina. Meghan has expanded to Los Angeles, Phoenix, Miami, Orlando, and other places.
The Caddy Girls posts nice sales for the first year
In 2013, The Caddy Girls had $148,000 in sales, and $34,000 the previous month. The lowest rate they have is $149 per caddy, and they pay them $100.
Meghan says that they are hot girls that know how to caddy, and we do everything that the caddy does.
The Caddy Girls do tournaments and corporate events that have thirty to forty girls going out for a golf tournament.
Company: The Caddy Girls
Entrepreneur: Meghan Tarmey
Ask: $100k for 20% equity
From: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Companies in this episode: Jungle Jumparoo, Red Dress Boutique, Sun-Staches
Season: Season 6 Episode 605
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 10/17/2014
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about the Caddy Girls
- Mark Cuban hates golf, so he is out. He does think she could turn it into something special.
- Daymond John doesn't like golf either, but he likes the concept, and the Caddy Girls needs to expand to keep competition at bay. There is too much work to be done, so he is out.
- Kevin O'Leary is very impressed with Meghan and the Caddy Girls. He doesn't see it as investible. He doesn't see how he can get his money back. Kevin makes an offer for $100k for 50% equity. She counters at 40%, and Kevin O'Leary said never. She turns down Kevin's offer.
- Lori Greiner thinks that there are significant risks with the drinking that happens on the course. She can't get her mind around the issues that could happen, so she is out.
- Robert Herjavec thinks the Caddy Girls is a great business. But, every company goes through stages. The company is in the hustle stage, not the investment stage.
Congratulations to Meghan for giving a strong presentation, and the seriousness of her business. I'm glad she did not give up the equity in her company.
The Caddy Girls after Shark Tank
The Caddy Girls continues to grow and is golf courses all over the United States. Like Mark Cuban and Daymond John, I hate golf, but I'm sure the golf fanatics love Meghan's business.