BareEase Shark Tank Pitch
BareEase is inspired by Dr Edna Ma to ease pain by numbing the skin before hair removal with waxing, laser, or electrolysis. She wants to work with a Shark to develop her brand.
BareEase quantified the marketplace with 40% to 80% of women grooming the bikini area. She also has a mens version.
A few years earlier, Dr Ma received her first Brazilian wax and the pain proved incredible. The previous year she sold $45,000 in sales, and $62,000 sales with the majority of sales online. Her product runs $18 with cost in the $2 range.
Dr. Ma is still practicing in a teaching role, and she does not have a full time focus on it. She came to the United States escaping Communism with her parents. She is the first person to graduate from college in her family.
BareEase Cookies Episode Data
- Company: BareEase – Website
- Entrepreneur: Dr Edna Ma
- Ask: $50,000 for 20% equity
- Episode Season 5 Episode 505
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 10/18/2013
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about BareEase?
- Mark Cuban – says this is not a company yet, and she does not have a full time focus. Mark doesn't want to buy a product. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – hears Dr Ma say that she sees it as a baby company, and Barbara doesn't want to take the company over. She is not the person for her. She is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – is not sure about the market size. It hasn't grown as fast as he would like to see. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – tells Dr Ma if she ever needed an Anesthesiologist she would want her. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – says you can never underestimate the work ethic from someone who comes to this country and appreciates what they have every day. Robert got fired from his job and he needed to start a company to make the next mortgage payment. He asks if she will leave her comfort to run this company, and she says her day job pays the bills. He is out.
BareEase after Shark Tank
BareEase is selling primarily online as well as at Target and on Amazon. She hopes that the company will be big enough to be acquired at some point in the future.