Vermont Butcher Block & Board Co Shark Tank Pitch
Vermont Butcher Block and Board Company is seeking capital to continue growth of the business of making custom cutting boards and kitchen products. David comes in wearing tie die clothing, but is selling premium quality products at premium quality prices.
The Vermont Butcher Block & Board Co made $2.9 million so far, and made $150,000 last year. He has a retail store in Vermont that sells his products. David is getting requests for products, but can't produce them because he doesn't have the capital.
Vermont Butcher Block & Board Co Episode Data
- Company: Vermont Butcher Block & Board Co –Website
- Entrepreneur: David Glickman
- Ask: $400,000 for 25% equity
- Episode Season 4 Episode 423
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 05/02/2013
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Vermont Butcher Block & Board Co?
- Mark Cuban – thinks he should ignore the comments, and he knows his stuff. Mark does not feel comfortable giving advice unless he knows the market, and for that reason, he is out.
- Daymond John – loves his passion and he has a good business and he is not excited about the business. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – asks why David does not sell the best cutting board instead of moving into multiple categories. Kevin says he is always right, and David tells him that you think you are right. He comes back and says that numbers never lie. Kevin does not agree with the direction of his business. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – thinks he can't just sell chopping blocks, he has to have multiple products. Lori says he is competing against anti-bacterial boards that don't carry the bacteria. He offers a bigger percentage, but Lori is concern about the competitive boards. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – doesn't understand what the problem is, because most people ask for money to lower costs, but he has low costs. Robert loves the story, but his challenge as an investor is that $400,000 is 50% of todays sales. He doesn't know enough about the business. He is out.
Vermont Butcher Block & Board Company after Shark Tank
The Vermont Butcher Block and Board Company received capital from Flexible Capital Fund, but the company is no longer selling online.