Ivory Tennelle created The Swilt, a combination sweatshirt blanket capable of going with you anywhere. Unsnap the blanket portion and you have are in total warmth and comfort.
There's even a foot pocket built in to The Swilt sweatshirt. She lined the foot pocket, making it water proof and easily cleanable.
Sales for The Swilt at the time of Ivory's Shark Tank pitch are a total of 100 units, but her goal is to get the word out by optimizing her website. She needs to have the website redone to make it more functional. She is currently doing flea markets, and people think she is too big for the markets.
Ivory tells the Sharks her product is for Soccer moms who are sitting outside in the cold, for people in the airport, and sports fans anywhere.
Ivory hopes that the Sharks are going to take this product and market it for her. Mark thinks the product looks thirteenth century, like something for a monk or grim reaper.
The Swilt Episode Data
- Company: The Swilt
- Entrepreneur: Ivori Tennelle
- Ask: $30,000 for 35% equity
- Episode Season 3 Episode 304
- Companies in this episode:
- The Swilt
- Show No
- Puppy Cake
- Wine Balloon
- Notehall – Featured Update
- First Aired: 02/21/2013
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about The Swilt?
- Mark Cuban – thinks the design is out of date, so he is out.
- Daymond John – doesn't warm up with the design, but he does like Ivory's drive. He is still out.
- Kevin O'Leary – does not like the design, he is out.
- Lori Griener – thinks the marketplace for this product and is oversaturated. She is out. It is too close to the Snuggie, which are friends with her.
- Robert Herjavec – thinks Ivory should target Daymond for her deal as he goes out.
The Swilt after Shark Tank
Ivory Tennelle's product is no more, the website is gone.