Sleep Styler is pending patent roller that dries and styles your hair while you sleep. The pitch is in Shark Tank Season 8.
The average woman spends an hour a day on her hair. It takes less than five minutes to put the Sleep Styler in after a bath or shower.
Sleep Styler Consists of Yoga Towel Fabric that removes moisture
The hair can either curl or keep the hair straight. There is no heat, so the hair is not damaged.
Tara launched the Sleep Styler in a Kickstarter campaign two months previous to coming on Shark Tank. She made her goal in the first twelve hours and raised forty-seven thousand dollars in thirty days. She had a ten thousand dollar goal.
Tara is selling the Sleep Stylist exclusively on her website and in three weeks sold six-thousand dollars.
Tara Brown is an Ophthalmologist in her day profession, so this is a part-time business for her.
She has very frizzy hair and one day she was taking a braid out of her daughter's hair, and it stayed in shape. She knew she had to make a fabric product, so she enrolled in fashion school.
Going to fashion school helped her to speak intelligently about the Sleep Styler to her manufacturer. Now she has the right edges and design for her hair care product.
Company: The Sleep Styler
Entrepreneur: Tara Brown
Ask: $75k for 20% equity
From: San Diego, California
Companies in this episode: Blendtique Wine Company, Rareform, MealEnders
Season: Season 8 Episode 819
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 04/08/2016
Deal: Lori Greiner $75,000 for 25% equity
The Sleep Styler retails for $39 for a package of 8. It costs delivered $9.94, and Tara invested $100,000.
Tara wants a business Ninja in her corner, more than the money. She wants a Shark with her to help her make the right decisions.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about The Sleep Styler?
- Mark Cuban Did not get a chance to make an offer.
- Barbara Corcoran tells Tara, you don't have to say yes right now, you have four other Sharks. Barbara thinks that this is the best product Lori bought this season.
- Kevin O'Leary says he could sell so much of this on QVC.
- Lori Greiner loves the Sleep Styler, and she is making an offer, and she apologizes to the fellow Sharks to shut down the deal right now. She wants to offer $75,000 for 30% equity, and she wants her to say yes right now. Tara counters Lori for 25% and Lori says done.
- Robert Herjavec did not get a chance to make an offer.
The Sleep Styler after Shark Tank
Without a doubt, Lori Greiner closed the deal on the Sleep Styler and generated $100 million in sales in just six months. That might be one of the best, if not best deals on Shark Tank.
TheSleepStyler is available on Amazon in both 3″ and 6″ rollers.
Do you want to know the latest on what is happening in the world of the Sharks, the people, and the companies that appear on Shark Tank? Sign up and when there's breaking news you will know first!