Surfset Fitness brings Surfing indoors and scores their first offer from Shark Tank's Mark Cuban. He is ultimately the Shark that scores the deal with Surfset Fitness, but not before the other Sharks jump in with their offers and deals.
Surfset Fitness Shark Tank Details
Episode: Season 4 Episode 402
First Aired: 09/20/12
Entrepreneurs: Mike Hartwick and Sarah Ponn
Company: Surfset Fitness
Ask: $150,000 for 10% equity
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec
Deal: Mark Cuban for $300,000 at 30% equity.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Surfset Fitness
- Mark Cuban initially offers $300,000 for 33% equity mark Cuban throws the 24-second shot clock in on the deal to cut the conversation but in a rare instance Mark Caves and goes down to 30% equity to get the deal.
- Daymond John offers $150,000 for 25% equity plus the cash to manufacturer all the boards at no cost to them.
- Kevin O'Leary likes Daymond John's deal, and he wants a piece of the action. Kevin believes that the number one guy to build a brand is Daymond.
- Barbara Corcoran tells them that Mark Cuban is the best man for the deal, and she offers to take half of Mark's position in the deal. She says to them that nobody builds a faster well run sales organization than Barbara, but Robert Herjavec and Daymond John rebuts Barbara. She throws in the jab on Daymond calling him a short man. Mark tells Barbara he doesn't need her on this one, and he is going alone, so Barbara is out.
- Robert Herjavec makes the second offer of $150,000 for 20% equity
Surfset Fitness after Shark Tank Deal
Sales skyrocketed for Surfset Fitness after their Shark Tank deal with Mark Cuban, and the deal consummates unlike a lot of other deals on Shark Tank. The company offers classes and has locations all over the United States. They have sites internationally in Australia, Japan, Thailand and other countries as well.
Do you want to know the latest on what is happening in the world of the Sharks, the people, and the companies that appear on Shark Tank? Sign up and when there's breaking news you will know first!