Simple Sugars Shark Tank Pitch
At eleven years of age, Lani Lazzari launched Simple Sugars, a company that created a product to address her eczema. Her products exfoliate and nourish skin in one easy step. Lani Lazzari is eighteen years old at the time of her pitch in 2013.
Lani claims she is born to be an entrepreneur. She says she has always been the one running Simple Sugars, going to all the meetings and making the decisions. Lani wants to grow to capitalize on the growth after funding through Credit Cards.
She has Lori come up and try out the products, with Lori commenting on how great Simple Sugars smells.
Simple Sugar sales coming into Shark Tank are $55,000 and projected to be $100,000 for the year.
Simple Sugars Episode Data
- Company: Simple Sugars –Website
- Entrepreneur: Lani Lazzari
- Ask: $100,000 for 10% equity
- Episode Season 4 Episode 420
- Companies in this episode:
- Drop Stop
- Traditional Fisheries
- Simple Sugars
- Buggy Beds – Featured Update
- First Aired: 03/28/2013
- Deal: Mark Cuban $100,000 for 33%
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Simple Sugars?
- Mark Cuban – offers to invest $100,000 for 33% due to the amount of time he will have to spend with her. She counters at 25%, but Mark does not budge. Lani accepts the offer.
- Daymond John – appreciates what Lani is accomplishing and does not feel that she needs his help. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – does not feel that her company is worth $1 million. He is out.
- Lori Greiner – believes Lani has too much competition. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – doesn't feel that any offer he makes is appropriate for her. He is out.
Simple Sugars after Shark Tank
Lani's Simple Sugars episode proved to be a huge hit for her company. She scored $600,000 in sales in one week following her Shark Tank episode, and over million dollars for the next month. The company continues to grow with sales in the millions of dollars annually.
Mark Cuban reports that Simple Sugars is one of the best deals he's done in the Shark Tank.