PupBox Shark Tank Pitch
PupBox changes how people raise their puppies with the right Toys, Treats and accessories in a monthly subscription box. They have five to seven products along with instructions for the products that are timed for the age of your puppy.
The PupBox is $29.99 to $39.99 depending on the length of the subscription. The average price point for the box is $30 after discounts. They have $580,000 in sales before coming into Shark Tank and estimate $800,000 for the current Shark Tank pitch year.
PupBox acquires customers through social media and content marketing. Ben predicts $2.5 million in the coming year, and will be profitable in the Shark Tank pitch year.
PupBox Shark Tank Episode Data
- Company: PupBox – Website
- Entrepreneurs: Ben Zvaifler and Ariel Zvaifler
- Ask: $250,000 for 10% equity
- Episode Season 8 Episode 809
- Companies in this episode:
- Barbell Apparel's
- Bantam Bagels – Featured Update
- First Aired: 11/18/2016
- Deal: Robert Herjavec $250,000 for 15% equity
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about PupBox?
- Mark Cuban – clears the deck,not being a big fan of subscription services, he is out.
- Daymond John – is somewhat interested, but has the same issue as Kevin has. Daymond offers $250,000 for 25% equity. He feels he is worth more than Kevin because he is already in this space. He says he will not get into a deal with another Shark. Ben tells Daymond 25% is too much.
- Kevin O'Leary – thinks the valuation is aggressive. Kevin offers $250,000 for 20% equity.
- Lori Greiner – would have gone in with Daymond if he would have had him on the deal.
- Robert Herjavec – offers $250,000 for 15% equity, pushing for them to make a decision now before Lori makes an offer. Robert says he would not do the deal with another Shark at 15% Robert finally says he is getting up, and they agree to the deal with Robert.
PupBox after Shark Tank
Robert Herjavec secured the deal with Ben and Ariel and the sales doubled after Shark Tank. What's even more interesting is that the company gets acquired by Petco a year after the Shark Tank episode aired for an undisclosed amount. Here's to a successful deal.