NoPhone addresses phone addiction. People can't control their use of the phone. They have built a fake telephone for people addicted to real phones. They are pitching on Shark Tank Season 7.
NoPhone – no warranty, no returns, and no plan
The NoPhone has no warranty, no returns, and not intended for the use of anything. They want to make the
NoPhone the pet rock of today.
They have sold over 3100 with $42,000 in sales. The regular no phone is $12, and the selfie upgrade is $18. They are selling it at their online store.
Entrepreneurs: Van Gould and Chris Sheldon
Ask: $25k for 15% equity
Companies in this episode: Coolbox, PrideBites, NoPhone, TROBO
Season: Season 7 Episode 723
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec
First Aired: 04/08/2016
Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about No Phone
- Mark Cuban goes out because they applied for a patent, and there is nothing he hates more than dumb patents such as there's on a block of plastic. He is out.
- Daymond John asked if they have tried going to Spencers. They said they are advertising guys, but not sales guys. He can't invest in this because he would feel really stupid. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary thinks it's cute but will never be pragmatic it is never going to be a big business.
- Lori Greiner brings up the cat poster that says hang in there, she is sorry to say, but she thinks the cat needs to let go. She is not going to invest in this; she is out.
- Robert Herjavec said this is impressive. They sold 3100 units. He fears that they have already maxed out the market.
Van and Chris think the Sharks missed a great opportunity because their NoPhone will be a revolution.
NoPhone after Shark Tank
NoPhone managed to get a TEDx talk on their phone. They are now offering a waterproof version, without a battery, and a phone that is not addictive. The phone has no plan.
NoPhone even ran a Kickstarter program and managed to get 130 backers for $1,239.
They have expanded their product line as well, with the Family Plan, the NoPhone Air, and employee gift pack!
You can buy the NoPhone, on Amazon. They have the original, the selfie, and the air available.