Muddy Water Camo
Steve Maloney and Steven KirkPatrick pitch Muddy Water Camo, which is a new process of Camouflage. They created the camo that looks like the place that Steve hunts.
Steven Maloney is a hunter, and Steven KirkPatrick is a photographer. They both need the camouflage for their specific uses.
Their patterns for camo match their environments and cause them to blend in the clothing.
The Sharks want to know if Muddy Water Camo increases the amount of birds shot.
Muddy Water Camo sold $150,000 year to date, coming into their Shark Tank pitch, and they have $600,000 of investment capital. The investors are hunters who looked at the material they have, which sold them. That gives the company a $2.5 million valuation before selling anything. They sold 16% of the company.
They are projecting sales of $3 million in the first three years for Muddy Water Camo.
Muddy Water Camo Episode Data
- Company: Muddy Water Camo –Website
- Entrepreneurs: Steve Maloney and Steven Kirkpatrick
- Ask: $150,000 for 5% equity
- Episode Season 4 Episode 417
- Companies in this episode:
- Muddy Water Camo
- Addison's Wonderland
- Hip Chixs
- Proof Eyewear
- Liquid Money – Featured Update
- First Aired: 02/21/2013
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Muddy Water Camo?
- Mark Cuban – gets that their product is different and more innovative, but that doesn't guarantee consumers will buy it. The biggest risk is you have 16 investors and he is going to be a pimple on a ducks but. He is out.
- Daymond John – says they are out of their minds, asking for $3 million. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – is interested in the licensing strategy. He offers $150,000 for 20%, which he says is very fair, and he wants to go kill some ducks. They decline the offer, and say he probably doesn't want to hear their counter, and Kevin says he is out.
- Lori Griener – thinks they will sell their product, but they came in asking for too much, she is out.
- Robert Herjavec – is not a duck hunter, and he doesn't need to know your business, but a 3 million dollar valuation for a change in pattern so he is out.
Muddy Water Camo after Shark Tank
Muddy Water Camo company partnered with other camouflage makers and now has an extended line. The new company is called Clear Image camo, home of the Muddy Water, Timber Tantrum and NfOAKus.