Ledge Pillow Shark Tank Pitch
The Ledge Pillow is for women who have large breasts, or breast implants seeking to lay on their stomach. Five to ten million women have breast implants. She sold 83 in three years.
Daymond asks if women with big boobs sleep on their back or side instead. He asks why they would not just put a regular pillow under them. She answers that it doesn't have the proper support or uplift.
Amanda has a patent on the Ledge Pillow.
Ledge Pillow Episode Data
- Company: Ledge Pillow
- Entrepreneur: Amanda Schlechter
- Ask: $30,000 for 25% equity
- Episode Season 3 Episode 305
- Companies in this episode:
- The Last Lid
- Ledge Pillow
- Talbott Teas
- M3 Girl Designs
- Lightfilm – Featured Update
- First Aired: 02/17/2012
- Deal: None
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Ledge Pillow?
- Mark Cuban – tells Amanda she is not an entrepreneur, she is a want-to-preneur. She doesn't want it bad enough. She is not going to be a person that if he gives $30,000 that she will go out and bust her but. He is out.
- Daymond John – doesn't know how to market to this niche and Amanda doesn't either unfortunately. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – goes down the subset of potential customers which breaks down to only 83 units. Amanda tells Kevin he is so nasty, and they are very much alike making for good business partners.
- Lori Greiner – appreciates her ingenuity and when she looks for a product, she looks for a larger audience and she thinks her product is too niche. Lori thinks she needs to change the name to be more descriptive to large breasts.
- Robert Herjavec – says she is not dealing with facts. In three years women would have found her if there is a demand for this pillow.
Ledge Pillow after Shark Tank
The Ledge Pillow is no longer in business with no marketing after Shark Tank.