About Kookn' Kap
Juli and Oza cooked a fish dinner before going out to a swanky club in Los Angeles. They went in and someone told Juli that her hair smelled like fish. She wondered over to ask a bartender, and her hair did smell like fish. That's why they invented the Kookn' Kap.
Kookn' Kap sells for between $9.99 and $12.95. They have sold 1,725 coming into the Shark Tank. The cap is mislabled saying “Caution: Flamable” They cost $3.77 to make the caps.
Kookn' Kap Episode Data
- Company: Kookn' Kap
- Entrepreneurs: Juli Deveau and Ozma Khan
- Ask: $50,000 for 20% equity
- Episode Season 5 Episode 503
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 10/04/2013
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Kookn' Kap?
- Mark Cuban – calls this cap the perfect QVC product, he is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – would never go out after cooking fish at home. She could not picture herself cooking with the cap. She is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – the whole thing is crazy. He says absolutely not, he is out.
- Lori Griener – has one problem with this, someone could take a shower cap and put it on their head to have the same effect. The girls answers that their's is breathable, a shower cap is not.Lori likes solving at least two problems. Lori doesn't see the need for this, she is out.
- Robert Herjavec – says he would never buy this for his wife. He thinks they look like eighty-year-old women with the cap on. He is out.
Kookn' Kap after Shark Tank
The Kookn' Kap website is contaminated with a virus warning trying to get you to pay money to an off shore site. They are obviously out of business, but ABC is still linking to the site. Hopefully they will remove the link.