Instant Lifts Shark Tank Pitch
Instant Lifts solves the problems for cellulite and sagging skin for women. They have a clear derma adhesive and apply in six areas of the body. The product is not just a piece of tape, the adhesive last twelve to fifteen hours.
They have seventy-five thousand dollars and have been selling for five months selling at $19.95 for five pair. They have other products with different patents, which are not included in the deal.
This pitch to me, is one of the worst that played out in Shark Tank, even worse than the ones that fumbled what to say in the pitch. Penilopee killed this deal with her comments back to the Sharks, saying she has a life outside of this product, and thinking that they should not have disclosed the other body parts.
Due diligence would have likely killed the deal when the sharks discovered the other products. Trust would be called into question because they would never know what was not being disclosed.
Instant Lifts Episode Data
- Company: Instant Lifts –Website
- Entrepreneurs: Nick and Penilopee Larosa
- Ask: $100,000 for 25% equity
- Episode Season 3 Episode 309
- Companies in this episode:
- Tower Paddle Boards
- Instant Lifts
- Miso Media
- ReadeREST – Featured Update
- First Aired: 03/16/2012
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Instant Lifts?
- Mark Cuban – wants to know how are they going to manage their time. He wants focus on the business he invests his money. she says to the Sharks they have a life outside of these Lifts. she is saying they are very focused. Their is too much confusion in their pitch. He is out.
- Daymond John – tells them he is out because they are not focused on selling all their business.
- Kevin O'Leary – says you are not working 100% for me, so I cannot live with that. They are not making any money now if they take the salaries, he is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – could envision a lot of women using this product, but the money is too much for the little sales that they have. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – is very interested as they are creating a category, but does not agree with breaking out body parts
Instant Lifts after Shark Tank
The company has a product that people are going to buy, so appearing on Shark Tank wins them the after show effect. Instant Lifts is marketing their product everywhere under the name Skinnies, but the Sharks could have taken this company to the next level in retail stores. Now it is in boutiques and online.