Gato Cafe Shark Tank Pitch
Adriana wants to open the first Gato Cafe in Florida. She is looking to have rescue cats in the cafe that are available for adoption. She is going to charge $9 for people to enter into the Gato Cafe. They are going to sell Coffee and have the cats in the store allowing them to spend time with the cats.
She has five years experience in facilities that have rescue cats and a significant amount of the cats are put down. The Gato Cafe cats will not be put down. Nick Woodman points out that a lot of shows feature cats, and even the number one youtube video features a fireman saving a cat. Daymond John represents a cat on You Tube as well. His cat saved a little boy from getting mauled by a dog.
California is opening a three cat cafe's this year. Adriana claims that she has experience, with cats, but not the cafe.
Gato Cafe Episode Data
- Company: Gato Cafe –Website
- Entrepreneur: Adriana Montano
- Ask: $100,000 for 20% equity
- Episode Season 6 Episode 629
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 03/28/2013
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Gato Cafe?
- Mark Cuban – said he hopes she is successful beyond her wildest dreams, but he is out.
- Daymond John – says you are absolutely on point where you are going, and I would love to do this deal with you, but as a business you are not there yet. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – said if it was high up she could open a window and they wouldn't have a cat problem in Florida. Realized he doesn't really like cats that much, he is out.
- Lori Greiner – thinks it is great she is trying to save cats. Lori encourages her to keep going, but for the moment, she is out.
- Nick Woodman – thinks it is going to work, and anyone of them could go find someone to do it in their town. But he is out.