DARTdrones Shark Tank Pitch
DARTdrones educates people how to fly them properly. They fly where they shouldn't or they crash into objects. They are the only national training school in the country, and their flight instructors have over a combined 250 years flight training.
DARTdrones will get you certified to fly drones commercially. Aby demonstrates how to show Robert land a drone at the exact spot marked on the floor.
A lot of people fly their drones directly into trees right from the start. DARTdrones has a one day class for both hobbyists and commercial pilots attend. The cost is $400 for the class.
DARTdrones has $500,000 in sales for eighteen months. The following year they project $920,000 to $.1.2 million. They are reinvesting their profits into new curriculum and are focusing more on commercial users.
Aby is a serial entrepreneur having started multiple businesses.
DARTdrones has colleges approaching them to license their curriculum.
Daymond John says that drones the previous year are the highest returned item because people come home with them and they hit something causing the return. He asks if they have partnered with Drone sellers such as ToysRUS or other retailers. Aby is building relationships and offering commissions to hobby shops.
DARTdrones Shark Tank Episode Data
- Company: DARTdrones – Website
- Entrepreneur: Aby Speicher
- Ask: $300,000 for 10% equity
- Episode Season 8 Episode 818
- Companies in this episode:
- First Aired: 02/24/2017
- Deal: Mark Cuban $300,000 for 10% equity
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about DARTdrones?
- Mark Cuban – tells her that he will give her the $300,000 for 10% equity and she has to say yes now because he doesn't want to mess around with the other Sharks.
- Daymond John – says that Mark said he did not want to negotiate against the other Sharks because he is afraid of them! The Sharks get a good laugh on this deal.
- Kevin O'Leary – Doesn't think she is worth $2 million, and offers $300,000 for 15% equity.
- Lori Greiner – Didn't get an offer in and asked, “What just happened?”
- Robert Herjavec – No offer in on this deal because Mark closed the deal immediately.
DARTdrones after Shark Tank
DARTdrones is a great idea, and strategy. I would love to own a drone at some point in the future, and I would certainly appreciate taking their training class to learn how to fly properly. Great job to Aby for making a fast deal with Mark Cuban.
DARTdrones more than doubled their flight instructors after Shark Tank and offers programs in more than 40 cities around the country. The company now has seven programs available to fit your needs and over 7,000 students.
Ultimately, Mark Cuban did not close the deal with DARTdrones and there is no reason given as to why the deal did not complete after the show.