Caddyswag is the invention of Ben and Melissa Fossey. They have created the Par 6 which holds six cans of beer cold without ice, and it fits in your golf bag. You save money by buying your beer at the corner store instead of on the golf course.
Golf Courses do frown on bring your own beverage, but their are courses that don't have any service at all.
The CaddySwag doesn't advertise your beverages being on the course. The cost to manufacture 10,000 units is $3 each and they sell for $19.95 for two units, giving them $13.99 profit.
There are over 36 million golfers, but Robert says $15,000 in sales is pretty close to zero. He wants to know what is unique, and what is patentable.
Caddyswag Episode Data
- Company: Caddyswag – Website
- Entrepreneurs: Melissa and Ben Fossey
- Ask: $60,000 for 20% equity
- Episode Season 2 Episode 205
- Companies in this episode:
- Kevin Harrington
- Daymond John
- Kevin O'Leary
- Barbara Corcoran
- Robert Herjavec
- First Aired: 04/10/2014
- Deal: No Deal
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Caddyswag?
- Kevin Harrington – says that this needs to be advertised on the Gold Channel, and most products that are advertised on the Golf Channel focus on a lower score. He is out.
- Daymond John – doesn't play golf so, he is out.
- Kevin O'Leary – says they are making something that already exists. There is nothing to invest in, and he knows with certainty there is nothing to invest in, that he can get his money back out. He is out.
- Barbara Corcoran – believes there is a need for the product, but it is still a small business and is not for an investor. You can't get your money back out. She is out.
- Robert Herjavec – thinks it is a trivial product, and he does not believe he will sell very many. He is out.
Ben takes away the coolers from the Sharks saying that they can pay full price for their beer on the course.
Caddyswag after Shark Tank
Ben is all about the party, and that's what CaddySwag is about. He continues to market and sell his cooler for the golf bag with a twist. Now, CaddySwag has a radio show that features entertainers and sports celebrities. They are working on stunts to draw attention to their company like offering Tiger Woods a $1 million dollars sponsorship offer that is open ended. No response from Tiger yet.