Michael Levin writes books for other people(over 100 books) and has several best selling books, but they are all in the name of other people. He is pitching Shark Tank for his company Business Ghost in Season 3. His gig is writing about other people and telling their story for them.
Business Ghost Writing is for clients all over the country
Michael is not alone in this writing as a friend of mine also does Ghost Writing for people all over the country. He spends time with them documenting their life and then writes their book for them. In Micheal's case, he has a team of people that work on the project. They even design the book, publish and market the book to the public. Business Ghost has eight writers on the Shark Tank pitch.
Cost runs up to $75,000 which includes the book publishing, and annual revenues are around $700,000. His clients include major CEO's and professional sports athletes.
Company: Business Ghost
Entrepreneur: Michael Levin
Ask: $200k for 10% equity
Season: Season 3 Episode 301
Sharks: Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Kevin O'Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec.
First Aired: 1/20/2012
Deal: No Deal
Ghost Writer scales by building a writing team. His business to this point is almost all referral business. And, Kevin compliments Micheal for achieving something almost no writer achieves, that is profitability.
Micheal tells his clients to steer away from thinking about making money from the book, but use it to drive more people and credibility to their business.
What do the Shark Tank Investors say about Business Ghost?
- Mark Cuban likes a lot about the business, but he did not address if people will even publish books going forward. Mark goes out because Micheal's theory of his company is that it has the potential of a weightlifting snowman.
- Daymond John thinks if he invested in the business, getting his money back would be a mystery book. He is out.
- Kevin O'Leary sees scaling Business Ghost to get his money back is not possible.
- Barbara Corcoran thinks that Micheal is trying to get out of this business, so she is out.
- Robert Herjavec tells Micheal he cannot offload the business strategy, which is what he is trying to do, saying that just about anybody on the planet can run the business better than me. Robert is out.
Business Ghost after Shark Tank
Business Ghost had a considerable amount of exposure and blogged as late as June 2017. The website is informational and well done. They did not get a deal on Shark Tank, but apparently, Micheal kept working the business. He has considerable testimonials as well.